Are you looking for direction. Here is a guide on how to live your life Free and Fearless. Brittany Moser was a spirited, happy-go-lucky young woman who lived life to the fullest and made it her mission to enrich the lives of everyone she encountered. A flight attendant, Brittany was suddenly grounded by a rare and incurable disease. She decided to embark upon the adventure of a lifetime, and asked her best friend — her father — to accompany her. Their unforgettable journey would eventually result in Free and Fearless: The Amazing Impact of One Precious Life, an award-nominated story that underscores the resiliency of the human spirit, puts everyday problems into their proper perspective and proves that love truly does conquer all.
“This book is not about the grief of losing a child, but about making the most out of what we are given and living our lives positively and not out of fear,” writes author (and Brittany’s father) Philip Moser. “Brittany inspired me, an ordinary farm boy, to explore life, to climb mountains and to write a book.”
In 2015, Brittany was diagnosed with Addison’s disease, a rare condition that can lead to adrenal failure. She passed away in 2017.
Free and Fearless is the honest, poignant account of Brittany’s legacy and the ripple effect that her outlook on life had on those around her. Among Brittany’s valuable life lessons that Philip shares with readers are:
1. How precious life is and how we can affect the people around us;
2. How an open mind and a positive attitude can inspire us to do things we never thought possible;
3. How to move out of our comfort zones and into a challenging existence that can turn each day into an exciting gift to be explored;
4. How to not let fear control us, and to use our abilities to seek unique, positive and inspiring adventures;
5. To embrace change as a natural part of life;
6. And finally, that we won’t be remembered by our things or our savings accounts, but by how we made other people feel.
“I want to share the same inspiration that I received for 32 years,” Philip added. “In the end, love truly does conquer all, and Brittany wanted us to know that.”
Author Philip Moser grew up on a farm in Angola, Indiana. After high school, he began working in different aspects of the grocery business, a career that continues to this day. He and his wife, Marilyn Wells, raised two incredible daughters, Camille and Brittany.