Here is how to get a $10,000 stimulus for a gay filmmaker. First, are you a queer creative? Ever wonder, how to get your project seen. Well here is your chance. Dekkoo wants to see your creativity. In this time of global hardship, Dekkoo is committed to giving back and inspiring creativity. To help creators, Dekkoo is launching a one-week short film challenge. Creators could win a cut of $10,000.00 in prizes!
The pandemic has put a spotlight on our relationships with others and ourselves. What do relationships in the time of quarantine look like? How do they function? Therefore the theme of the competition is Love and Distance. Possibilities: Dating from a distance. Home alone and loving it. Dealing with romance and heartbreak while social distancing. Far-away flirting.
Shoot and submit a 5-minute maximum length short film telling a queer story that deals with love and distance. It can be funny, sad, romantic, sexy – anything.
The Dekkoo Jury Award
- One film will be selected. The winning film will be decided by the Dekkoo staff based on artistic merit. The winner will receive a cash award of $2,500.00 and the opportunity to direct a Dekkoo-original short film with a production budget of $5,000.00.
- Four films will be selected. The four films that receive the most comments on that films page on Dekkoo.com will win $1,000.00 each! Filmmakers are encouraged to ask fans to comment often!
Voting will be tallied through May 18th. Winners will be announced May 20th.
- All films should be 1920×1080 or higher, H.264, preferably no vertical video. All submissions uploaded to Dropbox should be clearly labeled with the film title and director (ex: Avengers_Whedon.mp4)
- All languages are welcome, but non-English submissions must have English subtitles.
- Submissions must be no more than 5-minutes in length and submitted via Dekkoo’s Dropbox Folder or a password-protected URL between Monday, May 4 and Sunday, May 10, 2020. All submissions are due no later than Sunday, May 10 at 11:59pm Eastern.
- It is FREE to submit your film. There is no entrance fee!
- As an added bonus, all filmmakers who submit a film to the challenge (as long as it is accepted by Dekkoo) will receive a free 6-month Dekkoo-subscription.
Dekkoo (pronounced “DECK-koo”) is the premiere subscription-based streaming service dedicated to gay men, providing the largest streaming collection of gay-centric entertainment available. Dekkoo is available internationally via iTunes, Google Play, Xbox, AppleTV, Xfinity X1 and Roku. In the U.S. and U.K., Dekkoo is also available via Prime Channels. Dekkoo original series include “The Third”, “Feral” and “I’m Fine.”